This week’s blog is going to be rather short. Since we already posted a blog last Tuesday explaining most of what we did this week, we think we should bore you by explaining yet again the same subject we covered.
If you’re curious though, you can read last’s Tuesday’s blog; it answers a few questions about registering and the user accounts.
But I wouldn’t be here writing if we hadn’t done anything else, mind you. The second half of the week was filled with much excitement. Here’s a list of what we worked on:
Continued working on our user database. We received a few emails from concerned backers because our login page didn’t work for them. Most of these issues were either caused by failed Paypal of Kickstarter transactions, or by using the wrong email address to login. If you are one of those people, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled the data we received from the poll we recently sent to our Kickstarter T-shirt backers. It contains valuable information regarding which t-shirt is more popular and what size/gender we should offer. It also gives us a rather strange view on our Kickstarter backers demographics. I won’t dive into that subject, but it is certainly a bit weird. Another interesting fact: each t-shirt design happens to be almost equally popular. It will save us from having to guess different numbers when printing them.
Redesigned the in-game automatic mining tool from scratch. The previous iteration had been dating back since before January, and needless to say, it badly needed some work. In our first demonstration you could clearly see me having a hard time with that tool, and every time we play-tested the game, our test subject would struggle endlessly. We are also taking the opportunity to add tunnel options. It’s very early so we don’t have much to show, but things are shaping up in a very promising way.
Started re-working the radial menu. We’ve been establishing a UI visual design, and since the radial menu is one of the main elements of the GUI. We decided to begin with that. We’ve received a few comments about the size of the icons, and the lack of names to identify the icons, so we’re going to try to work on this to make it better.