Sauropod studio is young and dynamic studio where anyone with motivation and a positive attitude may have an impact on the projects we create. We are searching for creative and passionate people to help us create unique and innovative games.
**This document is written in English for ease of access, but Sauropod Studio operates in French day to day. Fluency, comfort or willingness to communicate exclusively in French is required for this application.
The integration artist is the pivot point between programmers and artists. The primary role of the integration artist is to complete the asset integration pipeline, which is to take assets coming from external software suites, importing them and assembling them into the development environment of the team (Unity3d). The integration artist also has the secondary role of creating content where traditional artists or programmers cannot intervene : material creation, shaders, VFX, etc. In short, any work combining technical and artistic abilities.
- Importing 3d models and animation, coming from external software into Unity3d.
- Managing, maintaining and integrating assets into versioned asset repositories.
- Creating content with the internal Unity3d toolset : shaders, materials, animation controllers, particle systems, lights and using third party plugins or internal tools.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Applications which do not conform to these criteria will not be considered
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of professional experience, either in an established studio or in an indie team.
- Deep knowledge of Unity3d.
- Comfort with 3d software suites such as 3d Studio Max or equivalent (Maya, Blender, etc).
- Knowledge of 2d illustration software such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- A portfolio demonstrating these qualifications.
The following criteria are optional but will greatly help your application.
- Technical artistic abilities (animation, procedural art, VFX, etc).
- Traditional artistic abilities (illustration, graphic design, 3d modeling).
- Experience shipping an independent game.
- Knowledge using versioning software (Git, Perforce, SVN)
- Comfort with the Windows OS
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in Game Design and/or UX